Dear Hillcrest Community
We want to assure you that we take the health and well-being of our consumers, staff, and community very seriously. Like you, we’re closely monitoring the quickly developing effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Below you will find an update regarding services within our organization:
- Beginning August 10, 2020, we are asking anyone who is visiting our lobbies or facilities to follow the City of Dubuque’s mask mandate. When presenting to us please come prepared with a mask on and we will be happy to serve you.
- On June 1, 2020, we reopened our Wellness Center.
- On May 27, 2020, we reinstated our visitor policy for our consumers in our adolescent residential group homes. We will be working, based on guidance from the Iowa Department of Human Services, to ensure family visitation occurs in the safest manner possible.
- According to the Governor’s Proclamation, we will continue to restrict all in person visitors and home visits for our consumers in our adult RCF/PMI facility and RCF group homes through August 25, 2020.
- We have made telehealth options available for our consumers seeking brain health care services and other community-based services we provide.
- On June 1, 2020, in our brain health centers, some of our providers will be seeing clients face to face. We have made changes to our waiting rooms and ask that our consumers wear masks when meeting with our providers in person.
- We have increased our health and wellness checks, utilizing our health professionals, to ensure our consumers and staff are safe and healthy.
- We have required that all direct care staff wear masks while providing direct service with our consumers.
- We are asking all of our staff to wear a mask in lobbies and common areas and when they cannot properly socially distance from others.
- We are asking all of our staff and consumers to utilize social distancing within our organization to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
We are all in this together. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support our consumers and communities as needed.
For more information about COVID-19 and what you can do to keep healthy and safe, visit the following: